Happy 2019, my friends! 2018 was the year that I fell back in love with reading – and read, I did – approximately 22 books this past year. I know this isn’t an astronomical number, but I’m proud of it because a) it beats the ~4 books I’ve averaged for the past several years and b) all but one were read in the second half of the year. While many of the books I read in 2018 are reviewed on this blog, I wanted to give you an at-a-glance . I’ve organized them from my favorite to least favorite.
Now, without further ado, my 2018 book year in review…
- My Absolute Darling: Gabriel Tallent
- This Is How It Always Is: Laurie Frankel
- Small Great Things: Jodie Picoult
- Into the Water: Paula Hawkins
- Milk and Honey: Rupi Kaur
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: J.K. Rowling
- The Girls: Emma Cline
- Home Fire: Kamila Shamsie
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: J.K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: J.K. Rowling
- Crazy Rich Asians: Kevin Kwan
- The Woman in the Window: A.J. Finn
- The Dive From Clausen’s Pier: Ann Packer
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: J.K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: J.K. Rowling
- Sharp Objects: Gillian Flynn
- Turtles All the Way Down: John Green
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone: J.K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: J.K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: J.K. Rowling, Jack Throne, John Tiffany
- Boy Erased: Garrard Conley
- A Simple Favor: Darcey Bell
Note: This was my first time ever reading the Harry Potter series, which is why they’re included in this list.
Did you read any of the same books? Let me know what you thought of them in the comments. Did you read any books not on here that I need to add to my 2019 reading list? Share your recommendations below, as well.
Happy 2019 and happy reading!